Venue: PCA,Djanbung Gardens, Nimbin N.S.W. Australia
- Spectrum of permaculture consultancy work
- Designers tool kit & bag of tricks
- Design Process and Methodologies
- Preparing base plans and essential surveying skills
- Drafting and drawing skills: standard symbols, drawing to scale
- Language of design, concepts, details and construction drawings
- Client communications, briefs and contracts
- Preaparing bills of quanity, costs and quotes
- Planning implementation
- Developing bioregional resource networks
- Presenting reports: electronic and paper documentation
- Use of computer software for reports and design
- Establishing a permaculture design consultancy
Participants will receive a comprehensive course handbook and templates for site assessments, client briefs, implementation plans and other aspects of professional permaculture design consulting.
You will learn how to use simple equipment to hand-draw professional designs and will also be introduced to ways to use basic computer software to enhance your work.
Tutor: Robyn Francis is an internationally acclaimed permaculture designer and educator. Her work has ranged from urban edible landscapes, community farms and rural property design through to ecovillage, intentional community and eco-development consultations around the world. She has been teaching permaculture since 1984 and advanced design skills for over 20 years and was key designer of the Accredited Permaculture Training Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications.
You will need to bring: Artline drawing pens or fine felt-tip pens 0.4 and 0.2; clutch pencil; scale ruler (1:100, 1:200, 1:500), set square, drawing compass, protractor, eraser, circle template, A4 graph paper, A4 tracing paper, blank white paper or drawing book, colour pencils/felt pens, tape measure, clip board, and other useful drawing equipment you might have. Also bring examples of any design work you have done and do bring your laptop if you have one.
Course Fee: $595 Early bird Special pay before June 23: Save $80 (NB if you are doing this together with the preceding PDC pay a discounted rate, simply enter PDC+ in the coupon field when you make your payment to instantly receive your discount).
Course fee covers all tuition, free camping on site, lunches, morning and afternoon tea and one evening meal. There is a communal kitchen on site for preparing meals or cafe’s in the village (a 10 min walk away)