Milestone permaculture course with Robyn Francis celebrating teaching her 150th PDC (Permaculture Design Course) in July, 2018. Help us celebrate this amazing achievement on Sat 21st July from 5pm with a community feast followed by an evening of entertainment and recapping memories from 35 years of teaching around the world.
Registrations are now open for this milestone course at Djanbung Gardens
To celebrate this milestone we are offering a special $1000 Youth Scholarship off the July PDC course fee. Applications are open to 18-21 year-olds in Australia. To apply please email PCA your contact details and a 1000 word essay on how doing the permaculture course will empower you to create a better world. Applications close May 21 and winners will be announced at the Open Day June 9.
Refresher PDC Special for Robyn’s graduates
For the 150th PDC we are offering a special opportunity for graduates of courses with Robyn Francis to apply to do a refresher as course assistants for just half price. Please email for further information about our special one-off offer for this PDC.
PCA regularly offers a $500 discount for participants who have already completed a PDC with any permaculture teacher or institute to do a refresher course. This is particularly beneficial for those embarking on a teaching career and for permaculture designers and activists wanting to update their knowledge and skills.
Course details and registration HERE
Robyn Francis’s track-record in a nutshell
Over the past 35 years Robyn Francis has pioneered permaculture in diverse fields of application including
• founding Permaculture International Ltd, now trading as Permaculture Australia
• instigating the Earthbank Society in 1985 to promote ethical investments,
• editing the Permaculture International Journal 1987-93, taking it to mainstream newsstand distribution
• key instigator in developing the Accredited Permaculture Training (APT) national vocational qualifications in Australia
• Developing and delivering the APT Diploma, Certificate III and IV for 11 years through PCA at Djanbung Gardens
• eco-village and human settlement planning and design, including design of Jarlanbah
• social permaculture and facilitation for community development and sustainability initiatives
• professional development courses for permaculture teachers and practitioners in social permaculture, sustainable aid work, teacher training, design and consulting
• designing and establishing the first dedicated permaculture education centre and farm, Djanbung Gardens
• teaching indigenous communities in Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan
See the full chronological list of PDCs taught by Robyn Francis since 1985
Her permaculture work has taken her to 15 countries including introducing permaculture to India, Indonesia, Taiwan and China. Her graduates now work in over 70 different countries, representing all climate zones and diverse cultures. Graduates include Rosemary Morrow, Costa Georgiadis, Russ Grayson, Fiona Campbell, Narsanna Koppula, Hui-i Chiang, Megan Cooke, Charlie McGee, and hundreds of permaculture teachers and thousands of practitioners around the world.
In the 1980s she was mentored by Bill Mollison, permaculture co-founder, and worked closely with him until the mid ‘90s. She is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of the original PDC curriculum and is continuously updating the content with new developments in earth sciences and sustainability initiatives.
This year also marks the 40th anniversary of the publication of Permaculture One, the book by Bill Mollison and David Holmgren that launched the permaculture concept in 1978.
“Robyn Francis is one of the grandmothers of the permaculture movement and a truly exceptional leader and designer of a future I am inspired to help realize.” Delvin Solkinson