NB Times are Australian Eastern Standard Time (Qld, NSW, Vic, Tas) please check your local time difference if you live elsewhere.
Module 1 Plant Wisdom for Permaculture Gardeners with Robyn Francis
Dates: Sat 13 & 20 June • Sessions: 9.30-11am and 11.30-1pm
• Food security and your garden as an ecosystem,
• Plants in permaculture and designing a cultivated ecology,
• Plant biology, ecology & essential botany for successful gardening,
• Propagation methods & Seed saving
Module 2 Integrated Soil, Nutrition, Pest & Weed Management with Angela Skehan
Dates: Sat 27 June & 4 July • Sessions: 9.30-11am and 11.30-1pm
• Know your soil as a living system,
• Soil care, regeneration and crop nutrition,
• Bed preparation techniques, mulches, crop rotation, companion planting,
• Integrated Pest & Weed management
Module 3 Planning for Year-round Production • Growing Abundance with Robyn Francis
Dates: Sat 11 & 18 July • Sessions: 9.30-11am and 11.30-1pm
• Planning through the seasons – planting & harvest schedules,
• Tips for Harvest and post-harvest storage
• Incredible Edible Tubers, how to grow, harvest and use them
• Herbs in an Integrated Permaculture Garden
Online classes are live and interactive. Please ensure you have good internet connection for live video.
“With your knowledge and personality and format using Zoom and Google classroom and groups is a perfect match – I’d love to be a part of any future offerings” – Peter
LOCAL PARTICIPANTS are invited to join us at Djanbung Gardens on Wednesday mornings for hands-on practical workshop sessions 9.30am-12.30pm.
There will be a practical workshop on the Wednesday of each week of the course to practice what you’ve been learning.
About the trainers:
Robyn Francis shares experience from gardening organically for over 40 years, including over three decades of permaculture teaching, design and practice around the world. She is passionate about food security, self-reliance and the full garden-to-table process. Robyn is owner.manager of Djanbung Gardens.
Angela Skehan is a highly experienced certified organic market gardener and valued member of the PCA teaching team. She is passionate about sharing her deep and practical knowledge of organic food production and soil care.
Single Module Option
Unable to register for the full course?
We are offering limited places to register for individual modules $95 per module. Please click on the links below to register
Module 1 • Plant Wisdom for Permaculture Gardeners with Robyn Francis • June Sat 13 & Sat 20 June • 9.30am-1pm
Module 2 • Integrated Soil, Nutrition, Pest & Weed Management with Angela Skehan • Sat 27 June & Sat 4 July • 9.30am-1pm
Module 3 • Planning for Year-round Production • Growing Abundance with Robyn Francis • Sat 11 & 18 July • 9.30am-1pm